Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cody Lundin Fired From Dual Survival

Well, looks like Dual Survival is down another person. First it was Dave Canterbury, now it is Cody Lundin. It appears that Cody was not willing to do some things on the show that the producers wanted, so they told him to hit the road. I wonder what they were asking him to do.

1602137_759248614087344_305008241_o

Here is the statement released by Cody:

Dear Campers,

Unfortunately, I have been fired by Discovery Channel for differences over safety and health concerns on the show and will no longer be a part of Dual Survival.

Although I’ll miss elements of the show, what I’ll miss the most are my fans and the opportunity to teach - on a global level – life saving skills, indigenous culture, and values of integrity and respect toward our natural world.

I have received numerous letters from viewers. Many are from kids, or their parents or grandparents, describing in detail how the show has changed their lives. It has brought families together, inspired kids to go outdoors, and motivated moms and dads around the world to take that family camping trip, many for the first time. If I can use a TV show to encourage people to turn off TV and turn on nature, I have done my job.

Thank you all very much for your support over the years. Be safe and prepared, and maybe I’ll train with you in the woods some day!

Stay classy,
Cody Lundin

I think it is a shame Cody is gone. I think he is one of the few people in the TV survival game that walks the walk instead of just talking the talk. It is not clear if this will mark the end of Dual Survival, although I think it is unlikely. Perhaps they will find someone who better fits the role. According to Rocky Mountain Bushcraft, Discovery says they are looking for a new perspective on survival. Perhaps we will see a new season with new personalities. You can see Discovery’s response here.

For a more recent update from Cody, you can see Dual Survival Clarification by Cody Lundin and New Host Announcement and Cody Lundin States That Discovery Channel Lied About Why He Was Fired From Dual Survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment